Weddings at Virginia Wingard Memorial
Marriage – ordained by God and blessed by our Lord Jesus Christ – is held in high esteem by the church. Christian marriage is both a joyous and a serious occasion. It is important to remember that a service of Christian marriage is a worship experience in which sacred vows are taken. Our church is happy to offer its facilities to members, and others, who choose to marry in a Christian ceremony. It is our hope that your wedding will be remembered as one of the most beautiful, meaningful and significant occasions in your life. Weddings need not be elaborate to be beautiful. The individual qualities that you bring – your sincerity, your affection, and your commitment – will be enhanced by the special beauty of our church’s sanctuary.
As soon as you have selected a wedding date, call the church office and check availability of our facilities on your date. At that time you should request a wedding booklet and other information that you will need in planning your wedding at Virginia Wingard UMC. It is the policy of Virginia Wingard UMC that all weddings will be directed by members of the church’s Wedding Committee. The Church Organist, Church Custodial Staff and Sound Technicians must also be used for weddings and rehearsals. Our Minister counts it a privilege to officiate at the marriage of church members and others who are married at Virginia Wingard UMC. Other ministers may be invited to officiate with approval of and invitation issued by our Minister.
Fees for the Wedding
- No fees are charged members for utilities or use of church facilities.
- A non-refundable fee of $400 to cover utilities will be charged if the bride, the groom nor their parents are Virginia Wingard UMC members. This fee is payable within two weeks after date is reserved on the church calendar.
- The Activity Center and/or Welcome Center may be used for rehearsal dinners as well as receptions. Fee for EACH room is $200.
- Fees for the special service of staff members who help with the wedding are:
- WEDDING DIRECTORS: $500 (non-members) $250 (members)
- MINISTER: $200 (non-members only)
- ORGANIST: $250 (non-members & members)
- SOUND TECHNICIAN $100 (non-members & members)
- CUSTODIAN: (non-members & members)
Rehearsal Dinner $100